Videocard Help Pages
1. When I switch my computer on it seems
to boot ok except that when it gets into windows the screen
is completely unuseable with diagonal heavy lines across it.
The most common reason for faults such as this is that
your video card is set to a resolution or refresh rate higher
than your monitor will support.
1. Restart your computer in safe mode.
2. Right click on a blank (no icons) part of the desktop and
choose Properties (left click) from the popup menu.
3. Choose the Settings tab from the dialog box
4. Set the screen resolution at the minimum (normally 640x480)
5. Click OK 6. Restart your computer normally
7. When windows restarts you can then choose an appropriate
resolution or refresh rate.